The History of The settlement Anopino
History of Anopino Glass Plant
Anopino Glass Plant, was founded in 1814 in the former Sudogda district of Vladimir province by a merchant of the second guild Jacov Barskov.
The Plant was located on the domain of Barskov merchants in Onopino wasteland near Zhary village in 60 km from Vladimir. Later the letter “O” was transformed into “A” – Anopino.
Production: 327310 units of shtofs, semishtofs, bottles and semibottles ware produced. Number of workers: 42 persons, all civilians. Timber was supplied from own, state and landowner summer residences. Water supply sources: wells.
Produced glassware was distributed in Moscow, Petersburg towns, on Irbitskoy, Makarjevskoy, Nizhniy Novgorod, Poltava, Kharkov fairs. Transportation of glassware from the plant was carried out not only by river but also by cartage on the Meshcherskiy trading way.
The railway Moscow-Vladimir –Nizhniy Novgorod was put in operation. Thereby transportation of production from the Vladimir province was improved. Production of Anopino Glass Plant has joined this stream after construction of branch railway to Komissarovka station in three kilometers from settlement.
According to inventory as at 26th of August, 1898 the cost of all industrial buildings of plant was equal to 1294 rubles. Machines and other equipment were estimated at 20360 ruble. Total cost of the plant was equal to 41654 rubles.
Production: 1 million of bottles to the amount of 40000 rubles. Raw materials: stand, soda, acid cinder, lime, ash to the sum of 20000 rubles and fuel (1500 cubic meters of fire wood) priced of 10000 rubles per year. 500 rubles were spent for repair work per year.
Number of employees: - 101 persons, including: employees with primary education - 1 person; adult men - 60 persons; boys under 16 years - 30 persons; women - 10 persons.
Annual wages - 12 000 rubles.
In the year 1917 the plant was nationalized and workers themselves begun to manage the plant.
At that time there was 2 glassware workshops at the plant. One of them was called 'Old' which had 1 batch-type furnace for dark glass production. Second workshop had 2 Malyshev's glass tank furnaces of continuous operation for white glass production.
Manual labor was used widely. Firstly batch-type furnace produced different volume bottles, and in the recent years chemical bottles and vessels up to 100 pints in volume.
1925 – 1991
1925 - Plant was renamed in “Glass Plant named after Kalinin” (one of the Soviet leaders).
1927 - Dilapidated ‘Old’ workshop was redeveloped. The building, in which two furnaces were arranged, was partially destroyed. New “Siemens” furnace was installed instead of two old furnaces.
1932 - Range of products was expanded. Besides bottles, the plant began to produce milk pots, jars for jam, no-spill inkpots.
1941 - In the course of reconstruction tank furnace was replaced by Siemens-Drelle furnace.
June 1941 – February 1944 – during almost the whole period of the Grate Patriotic War the Glass Plant in Anopino was suspended.
The beginning of 1944 – Plant was hand over from Department of Light Industry to “TULAG” MIA (Ministry of the Interior).
Old plant resumed manufacturing. Simultaneously documentation was prepared for reconstruction implying construction of new machine-furnace workshop and supporting services. Plant profile was changed to flat glass manufacturing. A new plant of window glass production was launched in February 1948. At the beginning 2 wide FURCO machines worked, and the third machine was installed behind them. After a new plant stared its operation old tank furnace was stopped and old glassware manufacturing was stopped too.
1949 – Again was raised a question, concerning reconstruction of the plant with returning of old plant profile – bottles production. Reconstruction was held in two steps. In 1950 on the first stage of reconstruction the plant began bottle manufacturing on VVM semiautomatic devices. In 1952 on the second stage of reconstruction, when the plant was stopped for global reconstruction of machine-furnace workshop, construction of a new gas station, boiler house, lehr room, machining shop and power substation, there began installation of import equipment for mechanized bottles production VVM-10 machine.
Reconstruction took almost 2,5 years.
1954 - In December plant started implementation of green glass bottle manufacturing on VVM-10 (OI).
Plant became mechanized enterprise, supplied with VVM-10 units, modern gas station, four Hungarian pits with soap drums, batch mixers etc. At that time the plant was connected to centralized power supply by MosEnergo system.
In July 1963 - Plant switched from peat to gas heating.
1966 – Household (Hand) mirrors manufacturing started in the former gas station building.
1969 - To increase production volume plant was reconstructed again. New machines IS-6-2 were installed. Along with reconstruction of the main workshop raised a question of a new batch house. Thus in the same year was constructed a building of batch house.
After new facility implementation volume of bottle production increased by 30%. In Y1972 60 ml bottles were manufactured. In 1975 – 70 ml. 370 ths. of bottles were manufactured. The plant successfully implemented imported equipment and thanks to efficient plant employees the capacity of IS-6-2 (68.2 gobs per minute) was increased up to 77 gobs per minute.
1970 - Mirror aluminizing process was mastered (instead of silvering). In 1974 cassette method of mirror edge processing was introduced. In Y1980 180 employees worked in the mirror department and annual output amounted to 950 000 ruble a year.
1965-70 – Bordering of glass melt in a tank furnace, rational burner designs after the fan method for gas burning was implemented. Chain conveyor for bottle transporting was installed in 1970.
1972 - Wire packing of bottles was implemented.
1973 - New batch house with automated batch materials processing was put up to operation. New warehouse construction was finished.
1981 – Furnace and production lines overhaul. Zonal automation of tank furnace heating rate.
1983- Two glass-forming machines VV-12 for 0.5l bottles manufacturing were installed.
1989 - Plant had to change worn-out sectional machines to old-fashioned domestic machines, which led to sharp decrease bottles production (more than half) and bad financial health of the plant.
1991 – 1999
By decision of Gus-Khrustalnyi Executive Committee of District Soviet of People's Deputies of Vladimir region Glass plant named after Kalinin was re-registered as joint stock company “Anopino Glass Plant”.
Anopino Glass Plant suffered all the problems that Russian economics has suffered by now. Continuously rising costs of raw materials and fuel, nonpayment led to decrease (not significant, though) of production output in 1994, in comparison with 1991.
Number of employees decreased in 12%. But those years were a great school of working in Market Economy. As early as in 1995 production output started to increase, and in 1996 workforce of the plant was ready for effective work on competitive market of glass containers. The year 1996 had marked the beginning of production rising. New work positions were introduced. In 1997 number of employees increased by 200 people. This success was predefined by chosen economical strategy and tactics of enterprise.
Strategic steps implied:
• Bottle production modernization to a wide extend
• Promotion to the distant markets of Russia, demanding high quality and proper range of products
• Promotion to international market, demanding world standard production quality
• Joint-stock company reorganization, expansion with new distribution departments etc.
The main strategic line was stated within the plant. Satisfaction of customers’ needs became the main aim of manufacturing. Thereto global management of the plant and its structure reorganization was implemented.
• marketing department, as the key department in market economy, was established;
• trade center was established in Vladimir city to expand market research;
• representative office JSC “Anopino Glass Plant” was established in Moscow for the same purpose;
• Department of State Glass Research Institution was established under the plant (in cooperation with State Research and Development Institute and leading specialists of “Khrustal” scientific and production center) for solution of current and future manufacturing problems.
• Promising Engineering center started up in the city of Raduzhny. It was developed for glass-forming equipment production and repair.
• Other organizational and business measures were taken
At the same time our enterprise works out problems of glass manufacturing upgrade. In 1995 a new glass-forming machine was installed. Together with technology improvement it allowed to increase bottle output by 36% without significant capital investments. Production quality improved drastically and profit increased as a result. It allowed starting up global upgrade of manufacturing. Many things were done, and the main of them was construction and implementation of a new glass container department supplied with foreign top class equipment in May of 1997. It allowed increasing glassware output by 20%.
“Anopino Glass Plant” JSC became a part and a base of RASKO Co Ltd (Russian American Glass Company).
Protection of the Holy Mary Church
There hadn’t been its own church in the village until lately. Locals of Anopino were assignable to Church of Holy Protection, located between the villages Popovichi and Arsamaki. There also was situated a cemetery, where Anopino locals were interring.
In our times orthodox community in Anopino came into existence in November 1992. The meeting between Father Ioann (archpriest Ivan Valentinovich Rubanovich) and Director of the Anopino Glass Plant Vitaliy Nikolayevich Mironov, which took place on the 8-th of November 1992, can be called historical. After a conversation it was mutually agreed that there will be created a community in a village.
It was on the 12 of October 2003 and with active assistance of “RASKO” Company’s President Mr. Vitaliy Nikolayevich Mironov and archpriest Ivan Valentinovich Rubanovich when on the territory of Anopino construction of a new Church of Holy Protection started. In commemoration of such important event archbishop of Vladimir and Suzdal Eulogy attended the village. Furthermore the American partners, Christians, regarded with favor the necessity of Russia conversion and Church construction.